martes, 6 de noviembre de 2012

Wrong love


      The moment I had been expecting had arrived. Paul was tall, good-looking, funny and nearly bald. For the last weeks I had been seeing him everyday and I know he had seen me too. I know that because I had realized some furtive glances when he thought I was absent-minded. I suppose it may have been love at first sight although he looked a little shy to say something at the moment.

      Every morning and every evening I saw him walking by the same pavement I was. When he did not look at me I tried to catch his attention speaking louder.

      One Saturday morning he came into the restaurant where I used to have breakfast. After he had asked for something to the waiter he began to talk to me. I had some trouble to understand him so I thought he must be a foreigner. But it did not matter because we fell in love immediately. So quick was our love that he gave me a gorgeous necklace.

      As I had not any money I accepted to go to his home when he proposed it to me. I was living a dream!!!! But when the night came he did not want me to sleep in his bedroom and he put me in another one. “It may have been a bad day for him”, I thought. But he repeated this behaviour the next days. The only moments I felt fine were early in the morning and late in the evening when we went out for a walk in the park. The rest of the time I was alone at home with nothing to do but cry. Yes, crying was the only thing I did when I was alone and when we slept separate at night. Perhaps my lover may not have enough time to enjoy with me, I do not know but I was getting depressed.

      After a month living together we went to the place where we had met,... but it was not a restaurant.... it was a pet shop!!! I could not belive it!! When I looked in the shop window I could see a terrible thing: a tall, good-looking, funny and nearly bald man with a dog with a nice leather strap in its neck. I need not to say that the dog was me.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario